KCPA is open for membership application. People who are eligible to register for various statuses under the KCPA membership must meet certain criteria as outlines below.
KCPA registers Individuals (Local and Foreigners) and also Organizations.
For an organization to become a member of KCPA, it ought to meet the following criteria:
- Be duly registered by the government of Kenya
- Be engaged in the promotion, training and practice of psychological counseling
- Have a minimum staff of professional and practicing counselors accredited by KCPA
- Submit a duly filled official application form from KCPA and payments:
- Registration fee: Ksh. 10,000/=
- Annual subscription: Ksh. 5,000/=
For an individual membership, the applicant ought to submit the following:
- Counseling certificates, or an introduction letter from college if still a student,
- Personal therapy letter; minimum 10 sessions, not older than two years from a registered counselor,
- A copy of your national identity card, and
- Two coloured passport photographs.
- Submit a duly filled in official application form from KCPA and payments:
- Application fee: Ksh. 4,000
- Annual subscription: Ksh. 2500
KCPA has seven (7) statuses a registered counsellor would attain depending on the level of training, years of practice, client log hours and therapy/supervision hours. The statuses are:
- Student status
- Associate counsellor status
- Accredited counsellor status
- Senior Counsellor status
- Associate supervisor status
- Accredited supervisor status
- Senior supervisor status
Payment of Registration and Subscription Fees
Cheques and money orders are payable to:
Kenya Counseling and Psychological Association
Cooperative Bank 01134308358300
Aga Khan Walk
Lipa na Mpesa Till No: 326109
Go To Buy Goods and Services.