Want to be a KCPA member?
Kenya Counselling and Psychological Association (KCPA) is the professional Association for Counsellors and Psychologists in Kenya with a membership of above 6700 spread across the nation.
KCPA was formed in 1988 and registered officially in 1990 as the Kenya Counselling Association (KCA)
Counselling and Psychology is a confidential professional working relationship in which a counsellor or a psychologist gets into a mutual formal agreement to support a client to resolve, manage or cope with issues of life.
To ensure professionalism in Psychological Counseling through upholding standards in training, research, practice and advocacy
To be a world class umbrella body for Counsellors and Psychologists in Kenya
KCPA Main Objectives
1. To regulate the training, practice and supervision of counselling and psychology in Kenya
2. To create awareness of professional counselling and psychological services
3. To establish and regulate an accreditation system for counselling and psychology practitioners
4. To provide linkages with other national and international professional associations
5. To promote research in psychology to enhance professional development KCPA membership is open to individuals, national and international organizations
Roles of KCPA
- To regulate and oversee ethical counseling practice in Kenya by setting standards in training, supervision and service delivery among its members.
- To create awareness of professional counseling and psychological services such as :
- Stress management
- Workplace balance
- Individual and couple counseling
- Marital and family therapy
- Addiction counseling
- Child and adolescent counseling
- To provide linkages, collaborations, partnerships and referrals with national and international professional bodies.
- To promote research in psychology to enhance professional development.
How to register
KCPA has 7 statuses in which members can apply for. If you’d like to register for any of the statuses, kindly visit our website : KCPA Website and you will find all the 7 statuses.
You will also get the required documents via this link : KCPA Registration Documents Download the required documents and then drop to our front office.
How to deliver the filled in forms
Agip House, 4th Floor, Room 422,
Along Haile Selassie Avenue (opp Times Towers)
If you are sending via courier (G4S, Wells Fargo) or any other, kindly indicate the office directions on the envelope and they will be delivered to our offices. Also remember to indicate our office telephone number on the envelope (0724 092933)
If you wish to send the forms via email, kindly send to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Also, don’t forget to make a follow-up by calling the office and informing them about the registration.
Payment detailsKCPA accepts two modes of payment, namely: Bank Deposit and M-Pesa transaction. NB: KCPA does not accept liquid cash transaction.
Cheques and money orders are payable to:
Name :Kenya Counselling and Psychological Association
Bannk Name : Cooperative Bank
Account Number : 0113 4308 3583 00
Branch : Aga Khan Walk, Nairobi
KCPA Statuses charges
- Ordinary Member – Ksh. 2,000
- Associate Counsellor – Ksh. 2,500
- Accredited Counsellor – Ksh. 3,000
- Senior Accredited Counsellor – Ksh. 3,500
- Associate Counsellor Supervisor – Ksh. 4,000
- Accredited Counsellor Supervisor – Ksh. 4,500
- Senior Counsellor Supervisor – Ksh. 5,000